I need a smaller and taller springform pan.
why? because i think i will be making more cheesecakes in the future :). I was watching Cook Like a Chef and the recipe that day was a Mega Mondo Cheesecake. I hit the keys instantly and found the recipe online. I knew instantly who to make it for.
So i went out to buy cream cheese and it was the 1st time I bought cream cheese in bulk. I didn't even know they came in 2kg packs. Then on the night before I was supposed to present the cake, i fell asleep and woke up at 4am to start working on it. I was afraid it wont set in time as the cake has to be kept in the fridge overnight, but i figured maybe 5 hours would do.
After making the base, it would not cover the floor of my spring form pan. My pan was too big. Oh dear, where would I find a suitable spring form pan at 4 am?! So i decided to use the normal cake tin and line it with baking paper. At first it looked as if it would work but after pouring the second layer of the cake, it seemed that the third layer would over flow. So i placed some more baking paper worund it to act like a 'wall'. Into the oven it went. The cheese mixture did overflow a bit but it was fine.
It took quite a while to cool, but when the sides of the tin was luke warm I decide to put it in the fridge anyway. I hope it did not spil my fridge. After almost 5 hours, it was time to deliver deliciousness. After pouring ganache and placing some mint leaves on top, off it went, baking tin and all.
At the designated venue, we tried to take the cake out by holding the ends of the baking paper. There was a sigh of relief when it came out nicely. The only thing that made the cake look weird was the crevices at the sides where the paper was folded. Other than that, the cake was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
NyuM!
Sunday, March 06, 2011
apple 187
Posted by Ra Shad at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment