CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 11, 2005

kids...

Been teaching for almost 3 months now. They are of course, a handful especially when I teach 4 - 5 kids at a time. The eldest has a lot of excuses when it comes to studying. While the youngest wants my attention for the whole 2 hours. Once or twice he will climb on me or hug me like to gain attention. Within those 2 hours I also have to teach the other kids and at the same time make sure that their homework are done and they are having some progress. Their parents are usually out so I am free of the pressure of having someone monitoring me while I monitor their kids.

This is just one family... I have 3 more families to tutor but they basically share the same scenario. Though it is stressful, I still feel a sense of satisfaction after each class. At least I am doing something beneficial and getting money at the same time rather than working for McDonalds or 7Eleven.

Once someone told me that I cannot be a teacher because I will get too emotionally attached to my students at some point. But I think the weakness that that someone pointed out is getting the best out of me. At times I wish I had my own kids to care and tutor for. Maybe it's just maternal instincts surfacing at this time of age. It could be permanent or the reverse. Maybe it’s just the empty space inside screaming to be filled up. Whatever it is, as a result I am now closer with my two other brothers, aged 6 and 2 years old. Well sometimes they do listen to me more than they listen to my dad .

0 comments: